Styling a Play/Pause button for Silverlight video
You have created a video player, and you want to change a button make a standard Play/Pause button. (Much like YouTube or iTunes). If you are a designer, you probably already know how, however, if you are like the rest of us developers this can be a little frustrating. So, after taking a billion screenshots putting this post together, I thought it would be easier to do a screencast instead. This is my first screencast, so bear with me.
Basically this tutorial shows you how to style a ToggleButton and how to update the Visual States of a control in Blend. For reference, here are the basic steps needed to create the play/pause button:
- Open Expression Blend,
- Place a ToggleButton on the Artboard,
- Create a copy of the template,
- Remove all the unnecessary objects from the Objects and Timeline panel,
- Draw a Play head and Pause icons,
- and Update the opacity of the icons for the States.